Quite a few. In no particular order:
- Full Metal Jacket: I finally got to watch this movie. I enjoyed the boot camp bits immensely.
- Videodrome: Standard Cronenberg fare. It's hard to figure out when the hallucinations took over. Did Debbie Harry really burn herself? The ending was ambiguous — have to watch it again.
- They Live: Joe Public stumbles across an alien conspiracy, and gets involved in the struggle against them. The story it's based on is called “Eight O'Clock in the Morning.” I wonder if someone out there has a list of all the alien subliminal messages.
me: just watched ‘they live’ glen: now you have seen the most pointless fight scene ever
- Orgazmo: In a moment of weakness, I bought the DVD for this movie. I have to say that, for a movie about the porn industry, it was surprisingly free of nudity. After I watched it I looked it up on IMDB and found out that some of the actors were really porn stars. That explains some of the acting...
- Where Eagles Dare: Despite everything that goes wrong, the good guys win. Requires a lot of suspension of disbelief, but otherwise, it's a great World War II movie. The first levels of Return to Castle Wolfenstein were based on the fortress in this movie.
- Wild At Heart: This is the best love story I've seen in a long time. Highly recommended.
- Cool World: Terrible. Nothing at all like Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Avoid at all cost.
- Code 46: A bunch of people I know saw it and liked it, but I couldn't relate to it at all.
- The Life Aquatic: Funny. Lots of subtle humor. Go out and rent it today!
- Sin City: This was a really good graphic novel adaptation. I look forward to the next set of stories.
- I ♥ Huckabees: Though I didn't think it was as good as Rushmore, it was still the funniest movie I've seen all year. Also highly recommended.