Friday, September 23, 2005

Yay, IE6

I found out yesterday that this snazzy web form I built with a heavy dose of Javascript didn't render at all under IE. I didn't notice the problem because I develop with Firefox, and most of my users also use Firefox (it's an internal page). IE didn't throw any Javascript errors or give any indication at all that there was a problem: it would just render a blank page. Today I investigated the issue and found the fix. My code was
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="symlist.js" />
The fix was
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="symlist.js"></script>
I don't know why I need to do that (I use the XHTML Transitional doctype, and my pages begin with an xml prolog). I wonder what else out there breaks because of this xml shorthand notation.

No comments: